quesArbitrary cancel of admission from college. What options do i have?

A PG Medical college has arbitrarily cancelled my admission wherein I had just requested to change the specialization stream from the 1st option chosen in the form to the 2nd option. I had sent them an application mentioning the change in my option and they instead cancelled admission and sent me back my fee draft of Rs. 9.50 Lacs.


They even sent me the application scan copy they had received by their official email. Now they are saying I can get admitted to the course under the management quota by paying Rs. 1 crore.


What should I do?


  • ans


    The option available to you is filing a Writ Petition in the High Court, challenging the arbitrary action of the College. There have been several petitions which have been filed by the students where admission have been denied by the college authorities arbitrarily.


    You need to engage an advocate to draft and file this writ petition seeking relief from the Court against the college authorities.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action. 


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the General Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best General lawyers in India

Similar questions

A Linguistic minority school has adopted unfair practice and non transparency in admission process for…

A PG Medical college has arbitrarily cancelled my admission wherein I had just requested to…

Under what circumstances 2 cities of 2 different states combine together? Can Ghaziabad and Delhi NCR…

How Can I meet the Chief Justice of India? I am facing problem in getting…

General Lawyers in India

Advocate Charu Mathur

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Jeshma Mohandas

 Experience: 13 years

Advocate Dev Datt Palodkar

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Dhruv Suri

  Barakhamba Road
 Experience: 9 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly