What to do if my family is forcing me to get married against my will

Hello sir/mam, i want to legal advice against domestic voilence .. me ek ldki k sath 3 saal s relation m hu .. hamri relation ke bare me hmare ghr pr pta chl gya hai . Hum dono hi alg caste s belong krte h actually m belong from shedule caste ..or hum dono abhi colg me pdhte h..but uske ghr wale uski pdhai churwa re h hai or use marte pitte h or use force krre h 32 years k admi k sayh shadi krne ko ..ldki 21 years ki h . Or me 22 years ..mere ghrwale to shadi k lie mane pde h but ldki k ghrwale use force krre h to situation me hume kya krna chiye ..

Answers (1)

As you stated that you are 22 years old and your girlfriend is 21 years so both of you are adults and you don't need your parent's consent for the marriage. Having a normal ceremonial marriage won't be easy for you two at this stage so you can marry in Arya Samaj Mandir or do a court marriage.
Also, if the girl's family is troubling her too much then she can file a case of domestic violence against them.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hello sir/Madam I am Hindu boy from jharkhand and want to marry a Muslim girl from Kashmir, without permission from girl family. Please guide me to ta…

Read More

Hi, I have married a SC woman and I belong to a General caste.My wife changed her surname and took mine and updated Adhar card also.So for any GOVT. j…

Read More

Sir meri gf ki shaadi ho rhi hai date bhi pd gya hai lekin main chahta hu ki na ho main kya karu ki uske papa maan jaye vo mere caste ki nhi hai hai p…

Read More

Sir, Iam christian 23 years old boy And I wish to marrie a muslim girl she is now 18 years old ,in kerala can we get court marriage without any other …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue