What to do if in-laws are not letting my child meet his grandparents

My in-laws dictated to my parents some specific value of items/money as gifts to be given during the celebration ceremony of my first pregnancy (called "vehvaar" in Gujarati)). My parents disagreed to this and said we will give as per our capacity, and that this is kind of gift which cannot be compulsory. As a reaction my father in law decided to totally disconnect from my family and my relatives, also ordered my husband to do same. Further he ordered me that I will not be allowed to take my child with me when I want to meet my relatives or parents. Also, he does not allow my relatives to visit at our home and meet me, though I am allowed to visit their place to meet them but without taking my child with me. My son is just 1.5 yr old, hence cannot leave him and go anywhere. Please advice whether this kind of unreasonable Dominance on my rights is rightful?

Answers (1)

No, your in laws could not make such kind of restriction for you. It not compulsory to fulfill their demands nor to follow their instructions regarding your son. The demands that your in laws puts against you is just completely illegal and illogical.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My wife left the home two times. Last time she went without informing with two child after quarreling. I cant mingle with her parents. She leave me to…

Read More

I am 22 and my girlfriend is 21 we plan to marry we both r from rajasthan The reason we want to marry in a court is we want to be secure before tellin…

Read More

My husband is telling me to be under house arrest and I should not talk with anyone including my mom... So I moved out of that house and staying with …

Read More

I am a 22 year old female completed my degree. We are 2 girls for our parents my sister got recently married after very difficult problems. Father abu…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue