What to do if in-laws are harassing me mentally

I got married in 2016. I am 31 years old hindu woman. My parents in law started troubling and harassing me since first day in absence of my husband and behaved sweetly in front of him. My husband owns a 1 bhk flat where we all stayed together. We decided to buy a 2 bhk flat and sell the present one. So we all shifted in a rented house. Suddenly my parents in law without telling us in our absence shifted to our 1 bhk flat and said that they will not allow us to sell it. Now they have made a false complain against me that I harass them, abuse them, beat them and they have also taken false statements from their neighbours against me. They have also falsely made a complaint against my father that he tried many times to threaten them. They have falsely complained against my husband that he has abandoned them. Moreover they have been demanding dowry from me and in their complaint they have said that me, my husband and my father are demanding money from them. What shall I do?

Answers (1)

As your husband is the owner of the property so you file a suit for mandatory injunction and eviction against your father-in-law and mother-in-law. Secondly, as the flat is owned by your husband, he can execute a sale deed in favour of anyone he wishes to sell the property.
Also, in the present scenario you should file a an application under Domestic Violence Act that you have been rendered homeless by your in-laws and that you should be allowed to stay in your matrimonial house. As your husband is the owner of the property, that would be your matrimonial house.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My family members[My mom and my sister's family] are considering me as a mentally ill patient and forcing me with doctor visits and taking medicin…

Read More

I got married last year, I have done my post graduate and I am a bharatnatyam dancer. I got marry a person who has studied only 10th std and alll it h…

Read More

Hi Gud afternoon,m married but I am not happy with the person,I tried my best to adjust but I couldn't,& now my family members are forcing me …

Read More

Dear Madam/sir.i have completed my graduation.i am applying for government job's but my husband not accepting to apply.and he is saying if u apply…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue