What legal benefits can be enjoyed by daughter of a living father

Respected Sir, I am from Hyderabad and my problem is that my wife father married twice after the death of first wife. My marriage has been completed approx 11 years and having 2 childrens age 9 yrs nd 4 yrs. From first wife he has having only child and that is my wife and from second wife he is having 2 children both girls. First girl married and settled in bangalore and for second daughter matchs on are hunt. From the day one to till date his father is not bother about her first wife daughter and totally dedicated to his second wife and his two daughters only. So at this juncture I need some legal advice regarding what all the advantages can my wife get and moreover he his a ASI in Telangana police Department and going to retired in June 2018. It is requested to legally advise me and my wife to what all action be taken against him to get atleast any moneytary benifts. Regards

Answers (1)

239 votes

Once the girl is married she loses most of her rights from her parents house and it is the bonded duty of the husband to maintain her. What monetary benefits your wife can get from her father is that if their stands any property or articles stood in the name of her mother she can file a case for partition in that or only if they is property standing in the name of his father then after his demise.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My father has harassing us for the past many years. He ill treats his wife. He has beaten her many times. She is also a psychiatric patient. My father…

Read More

My daughter has filed a suit in district court for claim of amount Rs.11,65,000/= approx. from the office of my son in law after his death. She has be…

Read More

From past 2 months. My cousin's mom is coming to my office and saying to my seniors that i have sexually exploited her daughter. She is also comin…

Read More

I am presently living in Delhi and employed with a Pvt. Co. My problem is very serious: I want to do marriage of my daugter aged about 24+ but my wife…

Read More