Visitation rights and right to provide facilities to daughter

Got married in 2012.. I got divorce in December 2016 under Desertion and Cruelty grounds. At the same time, she filed a Maintenance in her Native town and i fighted for two years and recenlty she came for the compromise and withdraw the case. (Meant i produced her good current company payslips to the court). She said that she didn't want maintenance to her and my 5 years female minor child. After child birth Herself, her sister and parents did not allow me and my family to visit my baby. I saw my baby only two times. I want to take care of my child's complete expenditure including education, fees, food everything. but they are not allowing me to do anything to my child as a father. Looks, even they did not tell to my daughter about my name too. Can i file a case for Child visitation rights? Can i ask her to producex my daughter's AADHAR card, School bonafide certificate, to open a bank account on my daughter's name? Can i have rights to change my daughter's name?

Answers (1)

Yes, you can file visitation rights claim before the Family court. In the petition you can seek details of your daughter, including about her school and so on. The court is bound to grant you visitation rights subject to some conditions. Regarding the change of name, you need to have consent with your ex-wife.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Dear Experts, i got married in 2014 Feb..the expenditure of marriage was shared by me and my wife's family. As they are from Vishakapatnam and una…

Read More

My wife has an affair and when i found it as a proof.. she started blackmailing me by saying that u rape my daughter and i will file a rape case again…

Read More

Mr. who works in railways, married to  and having daughter . Due to death of , his wife  got her husband job in Railways on Compassionate gr…

Read More

how can I protect everyone in my family. from my uncle.he is giving murder threats to everyone in family. he beated his mother, daughter,wife very bad…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue