×

Visitation rights and right to provide facilities to daughter

Got married in 2012.. I got divorce in December 2016 under Desertion and Cruelty grounds. At the same time, she filed a Maintenance in her Native town and i fighted for two years and recenlty she came for the compromise and withdraw the case. (Meant i produced her good current company payslips to the court). She said that she didn't want maintenance to her and my 5 years female minor child. After child birth Herself, her sister and parents did not allow me and my family to visit my baby. I saw my baby only two times. I want to take care of my child's complete expenditure including education, fees, food everything. but they are not allowing me to do anything to my child as a father. Looks, even they did not tell to my daughter about my name too. Can i file a case for Child visitation rights? Can i ask her to producex my daughter's AADHAR card, School bonafide certificate, to open a bank account on my daughter's name? Can i have rights to change my daughter's name?

Yes, you can file visitation rights claim before the Family court. In the petition you can seek details of your daughter, including about her school and so on. The court is bound to grant you visitation rights subject to some conditions. Regarding the change of name, you need to have consent with your ex-wife.

Advocate Preeti Joshi