Taking Shares From Family Assets

My age is 50 ,I have married 25 years back we were 9 children and 2 were boys now they have separated and younger one was looking all girls after marriage and a year back he took sign from all of us and there is a dispute in younger brothers family,his son and wife is torchering him and asking for shares in the property,so we want to have shares and want to give that to our brother so,a year back he took some signs we don't know what was it for,so please guide what is the legal procedures for taking Shares, we all 7 sisters want to have shares,so please guide legally,my father is not alive but mother is in bed and in her last stages,,my brother's wife and is not looking after her they have left their husbands home and leaving in her home,

Answers (1)

129 votes

You can file partition suit and get your share. I do not understand why you have not claimed your share till now. The limitation is 12 years from the date of death of your father. Earlier is the better. Get well drafted and file it otherwise it will dismissed on technical grounds

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."