Special Marriage procedure clarification

Sirs, Girl from Indore-MP (Jain) and Boy from Chennai-TN (Christian) are going to have marriage under special marriage act in Indore, basically an arranged marriage. Application has been filed before special officer in Indore and notices were served. Queries are: 1. Notices have been put up at sub registrar office in both the places, do the boy has to carry any document from sub-registrar on expiry of the 30 days limit period. Does the boy required to follow up with the sub-registrar for anything. 2.Notices have been sent to local station in Indore and jurisdictional DCP office in chennai for verification. Does the boy need to follow up with the DCP office, Does he has to carry any certificate/ verification report from police and submit to the special officer in Indore. 3. What if no police verification is done within this 30 days period. Thanks in advance

Answers (1)

349 votes

Actually, notice is to give opportunity to others to raise any genuine objection to the special marriage. In the absence of any objection the marriage will be registered. When parents from both sides agree then there is no issue.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."