rights of a man with his in laws

Does a husband have a right to extort money from his wife's parents? I have no income, but my husband expects my father to pay for our new flat's furniture once we move in . This isn't the first time my father was asked for money. My father is retired. He gets money from rents and interest on savings. What should I do?we are a hindu family.

Your husband is wrong in demanding money from your parents to meet up his expenses . He has to do so from his own sources only . Demand of money from your parents tantamount to demand of dowry which is prohibited under the law . Advise your parents not to pay any money to your husband.