Restraining order or similar legal option against abusive father

I am 32 year guy (bachelor) staying with family (father,mother and younger sister) in Bangalore on rent. My father has been very abusive and violent with the family. We are muslim and native of west Bengal. Please advise on legal options of getting restraining order against him.

Answers (1)

188 votes

Are are you family members dependent on him in any way ? If not you can get an order from Court restraining him from coming home, and you can make him stay away from the family. If he is old and cannot earn for his living you may have to pay his expenses.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."