Restraining order or similar legal option against abusive father

I am 32 year guy (bachelor) staying with family (father,mother and younger sister) in Bangalore on rent. My father has been very abusive and violent with the family. We are muslim and native of west Bengal. Please advise on legal options of getting restraining order against him.

Are are you family members dependent on him in any way ? If not you can get an order from Court restraining him from coming home, and you can make him stay away from the family. If he is old and cannot earn for his living you may have to pay his expenses.