Query about signing marriage under Muslim name without converting

I am a Hindu and my boy friend is a Muslim. We decided to get married without me getting converted to Islam. His parents are as well fine with register marriage under special marriage act. Since my parents want to do a Hindu ritual at home for their satisfaction, his dad also wants to register our marriage at masjid too. He came up with a solution of just signing the marriage under a Muslim name without converting or changing my name else where. Will this of any issue legally or otherwise. He is working in USA in H1B visa and I have to get my dependant visa with marriage certificate .

Yes, there will be lot of complications will arise in future. Once you sign at Masjid naturally you will be deemed to be a Muslim in the eyes of law. Under Muslim law unless until the other person is also a Muslim the marriage cannot be solemnized. Hence you are advised to apply your mind before taking this matter forward.