Query about signing marriage under Muslim name without converting

I am a Hindu and my boy friend is a Muslim. We decided to get married without me getting converted to Islam. His parents are as well fine with register marriage under special marriage act. Since my parents want to do a Hindu ritual at home for their satisfaction, his dad also wants to register our marriage at masjid too. He came up with a solution of just signing the marriage under a Muslim name without converting or changing my name else where. Will this of any issue legally or otherwise. He is working in USA in H1B visa and I have to get my dependant visa with marriage certificate .

Answers (1)

117 votes

Yes, there will be lot of complications will arise in future. Once you sign at Masjid naturally you will be deemed to be a Muslim in the eyes of law. Under Muslim law unless until the other person is also a Muslim the marriage cannot be solemnized. Hence you are advised to apply your mind before taking this matter forward.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."