prohibited relations under special marriage act

I got this relationship under prohibited relationships as per Special marriage act 1954. "Father's brother's daughter". I need explanation on this. Whether father's brother should be own brother or could be cousin brother also ? Please help me.

Father's brother's daughter will be your sister. Whether it is Father's own brother's daughter or father's cousin brother's daughter, the relationship is sister only and comes well within prohibited degree of relationship.

Both the relationships fall under prohibited degree of relationship.