Procedure to get adoption certificate and to change the father name

My husband aged 31 years is adopted by someone at the age of 15 years. But he didn't change his surname and father name in any certificate. Now we want to change the surname and father name in all the id proofs of my husband.For adoption we have only 10rs bond paper signed by biology parents. Is it enough to change the father name?

Answers (1)

290 votes

As per your perused we suggest you to apply through Gazette Notification first .As the notification releases and take that Gazette Notification copy and attached with all required documents to the concerned authorities .
For further any query contact personally.
Thanking you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."