Procedure to file for Divorce in case husband harassing mentally

I'm a govt. Worker.before that i'm married but my husband had a second marriage without informing I didn't mention about my marriage in my job after 2 years I loved &married another one before marriage I told him everything about my 1st marriage but now he's torturing me for money &torturing me physically &mentally &tells me that your character is not good you cheated me you didn't tell your f 1st marriage and calls me with vulgar words in front of my children so how can I separate with him is there's a legal way to protect me & my children from him pls help me I'm facing too torture mentally we are both Hindus

Answers (1)

52 votes

You can file divorce before Family Court on the grounds of cruelty and if you require protection then you can invoke the provisions of Protection of women from domestic violence act and file a petition before metropolitan magistrate. Burden will be on you to prove cruelty suffered by you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."