Marriage Registration but marriage took in another State

hello Me and my wife stay in Mumbai and got married earlier this year in other state, Is it possible to apply for marriage certificate in Mumbai.

Answers (3)

258 votes

Though u r getting married in another state and if u r hving all d documents of ur both of Mumbai , then its possible to apply for marriage certificate in Mumbai. No need to go to the state where u got married . but , u hv to furnish d said marriage proofs before the authority at the time of applying for marriage certificate before the concerned authority.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

305 votes

Hello sir
Greetings of the day.
As per your query the answer is yes you can apply for the registration in Mumbai even though you got married in another state. You can contact me personally to know the entire process.

Adv. Sudha Mane

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
256 votes

dear client for, marriage certificate requires 2 witnesses who attended the marriage but are not your close relatives and having a pan card and other required proof documents with them and also witnessing certificate of the Guruji who performed this marriage, by submitting these proofs you are eligible for getting marriage certificate anywhere territory of India

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."