quesman disowned his wife and daughter- their rights

My father abandoned me and my mother during her pregnancy. After that we are living in my mother's home under partial care of her relatives and my father. But when i was 8 years old, from a local police station he declared that he divorced my mother and from police station he gave some papers as proof of divorce attested by our local lawyers and my mother gave a sign in a white paper. The content of the paper was that 'me and my daughter never come to you for any share and properties and to disturb you' but i was only 8 years old at that time and i am not bothered and i don't know anything about at that time. Now i am 19 years old and also i am not ready to abandon my shares and rights in my father's properties. Have my mother's signed proof have any value in this situation ? Will i get my share from my father's properties.

  • ansDivorce is granted by Court by passing a decree for it and a decree can be not passed from the Police station. Even your mother can claim maintenance from her husband.

    If your father has self acquired all his property, you can not claim anything out of it. You can only claim your share from your ancestral property.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

We both are Hindus. we got married in 1999. We have two kids aged 12…
I and my wife having 15 years of marriage life staying apart from past 2…
Hi, I have married a SC woman and I belong to a General caste.My wife…

Father living in a adulterous relationship. What action can we take?

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly