Legal rights as married at the age of 16 & lived together for 7 years

My friend was married at age of 16, and then she lived with her husband for 7 years. During this period it was diagnosed that she cannot bear child. Therefore her husband married another woman stating that his first marriage was illegal as it was performed at age of 16. Now, it has been 8 years for his second marriage, and they have 2 children. My friend's basic needs are been taken care of by her husband. It seems to be happy situation for all of us. But, my friend is not happy. Unlike every woman she also needs her husband. And cannot see another woman. But she is unaware about her lawful rights. Pls let us know what can be done in this situation..

Answers (1)

she first of all her husband and her marriage is not illegal beacuse after attaining maturity immediately he should have filed for divorce. secondly the husband had committed an illegality by marring an another women. he is committed a crime under indian law by marring another women without giving divorce to first wife. he is liable to maintain her first wife. please contact for further information

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Search i m a hindu.i m married from last 10 i m in love with a hindu girl..she is also married from 10 we want to married..can w…

Read More

My friends 2nd wife filed sec 125 crpc against my friend. At the time of marriage this 2nd wife was well aware of his 1st marraige. She thought my fri…

Read More

iam a second wife of someone,even though v were married earlier bt nt legally registered and his other marriage gt legally registered first.I have two…

Read More

Hi sir/madam, I am married since 1.5 years. My in-laws were trying to seperate us from 1st day. I and my family tried all means to win their favor. Bu…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue