Legal rights as married at the age of 16 & lived together for 7 years

My friend was married at age of 16, and then she lived with her husband for 7 years. During this period it was diagnosed that she cannot bear child. Therefore her husband married another woman stating that his first marriage was illegal as it was performed at age of 16. Now, it has been 8 years for his second marriage, and they have 2 children. My friend's basic needs are been taken care of by her husband. It seems to be happy situation for all of us. But, my friend is not happy. Unlike every woman she also needs her husband. And cannot see another woman. But she is unaware about her lawful rights. Pls let us know what can be done in this situation..

she first of all her husband and her marriage is not illegal beacuse after attaining maturity immediately he should have filed for divorce. secondly the husband had committed an illegality by marring an another women. he is committed a crime under indian law by marring another women without giving divorce to first wife. he is liable to maintain her first wife. please contact for further information

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli