Legal procedure for daughter to claim share on parent's property

Hi, We are from Andhra Pradesh state. My mother-in-law is very poor even suffering to get daily basic needs. Her father was retired Govt. employee and expired some years ago. His has six children (4 daughters, 2 sons - 5 from the first wife and 1 son from the second wife after first wife died). All the parents are expired. All his daughters got married. He has one House, 1.5 acres of agriculture land on his name and 0.5 acres of agricultural land on his second wife's name. Now my mother-in-laws brothers are denying to give her share and not even some amount to help her. Is there any way to get her share from the court. We heard that my mother-in-law's father written on a parer (will) that to give some share to all her daughters when his sons dividing his property. She don't have money to get lawyer. Is there any free legal service available !. Please suggest. Thanks, Srinivas

Answers (1)

Yes. you can approach the district legal service authority in your district and ask the legal service authority to provide you a counsel at the cost of state government.
Also you can ask the court to appoint a counsel for your mother in law.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I'm venkat Hindu upara religion from chennai. My mother helped to built first and second floor of her father house who is retired railway employee…

Read More

Dear Team, My mom already made will property registered of flat . I want to know that there will be any challenges taken after my mom passed away. If …

Read More

Me papa 5 bhai he. me apne papa ki akeli beti hu koi bhai nai. meri mummy buchpan me death ho gyi the. Mere papa ki death 2008 me hui thi uske baad me…

Read More

my father had a flat in Kolkatta he has died in Oct.'15 and my mother had a office in Kolkatta she has died in Feb.'15. They has left 2 sons a…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue