Is there any law that forces husband to live with wife

I and my husand both are working.we had arguments as he was always busy with friends and cycling.his parents never support he left me alone for 2yrs.not responding to any contact.parents says wait until he understands.but i want to live together.what can i there any law by which i make him forced to live together.i am a hindu.and he even don't want to divorce me.

Answers (5)

73 votes

There is a provision under Hindu law you can compel him to leave with you. Kindly consult to a advocate for effective remedy, otherwise your husband has a ground before divorce because your r separate

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

295 votes

Yes you can gile case against him for conjugal rights cover in hindu marriage act. You may get order from court of law to live together. Better you contact a lawyer . He will help you to file case to live with your husband.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
216 votes

you can file a petition for restitution of conjugal rights under section 9 of Hindu Marriage Act and if court will pass an order in your favour your husband will bound to live with you. if still he will not start living with you, you can file a petition for divorce on this very ground itself and court will grant it. for further proceeding and advice you can contact me.

225 votes

Ma'am you file an application under section 9 of the Hindu marriage act seeking the direction of the court for restitution of conjugal rights .
Since he has left you without any justifiable reason. That's the best remedy available for the time being, in case he does not feel threatened by this then you can also file a complaint case alleging the incident of domestic violence which may well serve your purpose.

187 votes

I have read and understood your query and shall be able to address your concern as I specialise in matrimonial laws. However I need some more additional information so as to guide you well accordingly in this case.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."