Is there a problem in marrying my girlfriend even if parents refuse

If I merry to a girl and her family is not happy with her choice...and if her family file a case against me ...then girl wanna live with me..and she is in full of fever in there any problem..sir..??

Answers (1)

218 votes

Under the marriage laws the girl need to be major and her consent us required. Nowhere or at anytime she shouldnot show that sh is not willing to marry. Consent of parents is not required if girl is major. Only thing kept in mind is that she should not turn against you that she was under any threat or coerced to marry

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."