Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Husband filed case under sec 9 even though he is not letting wife come

Hello,my husband filed a case in court under section 9 that I want my wife back by raising all false allegations,one year has been completed I was not with him and I am living with my parents when igave birth to our son also he didn't come at least to see our baby ,in this one year he didn't contacted me even once directly he sent notice to me that I am not coming ,he and his parents toured me for extra dowry ,now I don't want to go with him what to do?Should I attend the counseling

Answers (1)

Dear Client,
Restitution of Conjugal Rights - (Right to stay together)

If either the husband or the wife, without reasonable excuses, withdraws from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may approach the Court for restitution of conjugal rights.

The decree of restitution of conjugal rights cannot be executed by forcing the party who has withdrawn from the society from the other to stay with the person who institutes Petition for restitution. The decree can be executed only by attachment of the properties of the judgment debtor. The practice has shown that the decree of restitution is a paper decree.

However, if the decree of restitution of conjugal right is not honored for a period of more than one year, subsequent to the date of the decree, it becomes a ground for divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
11 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Hi, I got married before 5 years and don't have a kid. My wife is short tempered and become abusive and violent on very small things. Before one y…

Read More

Can I file Anullment against my wife if her parents lie about her education? if so what are all the evidence i have to provide?…

Read More

What if parents pressurising a financially independent, son for marriage by indirect mean's like totally withdrawing family cooperation and isolat…

Read More

Actually my friend age is 20 years, with in 2 months he will get 21 years, and his girl friend age is 18 years, now girls parents are harrassing her t…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue