How to stop husband from installing CCTV cameras in the house

Hi I am a Hindu and so is my husband. He is divorcing me for no reasons after staying with me for three and a half years. Right now we are trying to reach a mutual agreement to part our ways. However, he has decided to install a CCTV Camera in the living room covering the kitchen and other doors of the house. I am feeling as if my privacy has been taken away from me. Although he has informed me about his decision, but I want to know my rights here. Can I object to it? I don't want to be under survellence.

Answers (1)

73 votes

Yes you can seek prohibitary order against your wife under provibition of women from domestic violence act, by filling petition before concern court as in the said act you can seek independent accommodation as well as expenses

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."