How to sale a plot if one of the co sharer is creating a problem

Hi, me and my brother own a plot and in that we have constructed a house. Me and my family lives in G+1 portion and my brother and their family live in 2nd and 3rd floor. From past few years my brother family are creating lot of troubles by switing off water connection from the tank which is placed in the terrace, not allowing to use the terrace and many more. Since i am 60years and my chlidren are facing lot of trouble because of this. So, we want to sell out our share but my brother is not allowing me to do that. Please advise how i can proceed further.

Answers (1)

330 votes

If this is your self acquired property then you have the right to sell the rights of your property to a third party and your brother shall have no claim whatsoever. Further, it would be advisable to seek the help of the lawyers by showing all the documents of the property to decide the further course of action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."