How to cancel marriage registration application.

Sir, the person with whom i have relation have been registered an application for marriage. This have been putup in the notice board of that particular register office. My parents came to know that and i want to cancel this. He submitted all the proofs without my conern and i came to know this aftr 1 week. So how can i cancel this ?

Answers (3)

The marriage has not yet been registered. You can withdraw from the registration at your discretion. However, decide the matter in your best judgment, not because overawed by the subsequent development.

Best wishes!

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

There is no need to cancel the notice. Because marriage is not yet registered.............................................................................................................................

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

The application put in the board for publication is seeking to any objection between that persons marriage with in 30 days . So if you are not intended to marry that person, file a complaint stating that you are not like to marry and you are not submit the proof and also like to cancel the same. The registrar will call you and cancel the first motion of the marriage.

If no objections are received within 30 days from the date of notice of intended marriage, bridegroom and bride should appear before the Marriage Officer within next 60 days after lapse of initial 30 days from such notice along with three witnesses for solemnisation of the Marriage. So the second motion is not happened the valid marriage registration could not be done.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

 I love one girl but not support girl family so we are deciding register marriage but I am not major my age is 20. girl major 20. I am waiting my…

Read More

My marriage was on 2012. I hv nt registered the same. Now we are planning to do it asap. My concern is, will aadhar or pan card be considered as age p…

Read More

I am major and i got married in arya samaj and want to get my marriage registered in sub registrar office. should the witness be blood relation of the…

Read More

i want to marry a person who is out of my parents are totally disagree to my love cause of different caste...i need to do register marriage…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue