Holding surname and caste which is not of either of my parents

is it a punishable offense of holding a surname or caste which is not of either from the Paternal or Maternal.

Answers (1)

it is not punishable offence. you can name yourself of your own. you can put Gandhi as surname no body can question you in terms of law. change of name is our wish and law cannot question us hence it is not crime.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I and my gf were in relationship for 4yrs. We talked our family members but her dad rejects and fixed her marriage with other boy. We talked to that b…

Read More

Hi All, I want to marry a girl who is from Maratha caste and I am from SC caste Religion Hindu. I dont follow or like this caste system at all. But fo…

Read More

i am 19 year old boy and she is too a 19 year old girl.we want to marry and we both agree in it.I am a ST and she is MBC.My question is whether there …

Read More

We are Munnurukapu (SL.No.20, BC-D) in B.C. in Telangana. But due to poverty and illeteracy of our ancients, caste certificate was issued as Balija (S…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue