Harassment of old parents by son and wife

My father passed away recently, and my mother is staying with my brother and his wife, in a rented apartment. There is disgusting and very bad behaviour towards my mother. My sister-in-law is very verbally abusive and is very nasty and is the root cause. my mother had decided to buy an apartment and move in the apartment alone. But, my bother along with his wife want to move in my mom’s apartment. how can my mother stop them moving in her apartment? Please help.

Answers (2)

167 votes

Hi! Your brother and sister in law cannot move into the Apartment which your mother would buy. We can file a police complaint or we can also send a legal notice to them regarding the same. Let me know if you wish to proceed further with this coz I would need to know the details of the case. Thanks!

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

266 votes

Hi. Sorry to hear about your issue. And i can understand how difficult it is for your mother as well. In such case criminal proceedings can b initiated under various sections of the law and accordingly action can be taken. .

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."