Forcing to get Marriage and left out my education.

HI, I am a 24 years old girl and i am good in my education i want to learn more thing in my field of interest, but due to some miss understanding my parents are left out my education and they don't agree to restart again they close me in home and they don't let me contact to any person not my friends and not any other else they broke up my handset and sim card also, i have not done any thing wrong i have apologies to them if i done any wrong but even then they don't agree with me. They treat me as prisoner in my home please help me please advice me on Please

Answers (2)

312 votes


You can seek help from Women's Commission, Police and NGO's. The only thing which may affect adversely is that your family may have to suffer some public embarrassment. But they have provision for counselling of parents too.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

102 votes

First, I appreciate that you have come forward with your problem as many in your position are dissuaded from doing so. From what I can gather from your question, your parents have started isolating you because of some incident because of which your are missing out on academic opportunities. As an adult, you cannot disown your parents under the Laws in India. The Law often wrongly presumes that you are now self-dependent and therefore capable of acting upon your wishes. In reality that is difficult to do as I am assuming that you need your parents for financial support. Why don't you approach a counselor or reach out to one of the several NGOs that are actively involved in issues concerning the empowerment of women. If you are having difficulty identifying such organizations, we are here to help. However, if you are being physically assaulted or abused in your home, I would urge you to approach the Crimes Against Women Cell in your area. They are extremely prompt in their response. If this is the case, identify a family friend or a relative you can trust and stay with if need be. I do hope your situation is resolved soon.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."