Forcefully marriage from both families

Hi I am going to get married with a girl whose father works in family or high court. I have refused to marry her around 2 year ago to her father as well as mine. Her father has never let me speak to her , i've requested her brother to let her speak to me as well as to my father. But no one cares, I don't know nothing about her and I have been refusing to marry her since 2 years and my marriage is a week away, now everyone blaming me that I have never refused to marry her. I am against dowry but girl's family is kept on offering something always and I don't really like it. Please help me what to do?

Answers (3)

130 votes

If you are major and don’t want to marry then no one can let you get married. It’s your choice to whom you want to get married. No one can stop you to get married to the girl of your choice. It’s your right to get married to the girl of your choice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

335 votes

This has to be dealt with utmost sensitivity as the marriage is only a week away and if you get married to her contrary to your wishes then the marriage shall go down the drain leading you to the path of divorce and endless litigations. We shall speak with the girl’s family and council them to nullify the relationship from their end. You shall get in touch with me for further clarification.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience
208 votes

if you do not wish to marry just tell your parents that you can't marry. no one can force you into a marriage. and if you are against dowry you can file a police complaint and tell them this is happening. once you get married there's no going back but file for annulment or divorce.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."