Father-in-law troubling and threatening to commit suicide

Hi, I am a 30 year old hindu female married for 4 years. My father in law is troubling me from day 1. Some days back he tried to slap me also.. Bothering me over small small issues. And now i heard that he is threatning us that he will commit suicide and leave a letter with my or my mother name. Although my husband is on my side what legal action can i take. He is constantly abusing my parents with his relatives on phone causing great mental distress.. And whenver my parents come he makes a scene. Thanks

Answers (1)

154 votes

You can file petition under section 12 of Domestic Violence Act before the JMIC / MM stating all these facts and he will summon him and also call the report of protection officer and proceed with the case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Sir i am 21 yr old ..and i am a student .my parents are not alive .My elder brother who is an employee of RWD bihar got the job on the basis of anukam…

Read More

I am aged 34, stay in an apartment with my parents, wife and brother (5 members). My paternal aunt’s family consisting her husband, son, daughte…

Read More

My religion is Hindu.I completed 1.5years of marriage.Just before 20 days.My wife has went from my house along with her parents and they are threathin…

Read More

I have 2 brother in laws. Their parents are very aged and sick. The elder brother in law is a computer programmer married with 2 daughters but mentall…

Read More