Domestic violence & Abusive Marriage

I'm married for last six and a half years. From beginning of my marriage I have been harassed by my husband & inlaws. My husband is abusive , manipulative & suffers from anxiety disorder. He never protested against his parents. He keeps on gaslighting misbehaving & treating me badly. I have a 14 months old son. I am not working for which my husband keeps on taunting me. He doesn't share anything with me. He hides many things from me.I am mentally depressed for last 1 year since my pregnancy. Please help. What can I do in this situation? I

Answers (3)

293 votes

you must first lodge a general diary at your local police station so that you bonafide intent gets covered and if you are mentally and physically harassed you must make medical reports from government hospital and then lodge complain and if you seek maintenance you have to file a case

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

140 votes

You can lodge a police complaint against your husband and in laws. If police fail to take care of your case, please file a petition under section 156(3) CrPC. If you are not getting confidence in your husband, better to obtain divorce. You are too eligible for maintenance from your husband.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
328 votes

You can file a domestic violence against your in-laws and husband and ask for maintenance to take care of yourself and your son. he is bound to listen to the Court if you can get an order to do so. Any assistance feel free to contact me.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."