Court Marriage in Bhubaneswar - Documents Procedure Lawyer Bhubaneswar

I am planning for Court Marriage in Bhubaneswar. What documents are required for Court Marriage in Bhubaneswar. What is the procedure for Court Marriage in Bhubaneswar, Odisha? Lawyer dealing with Court Marriage in Bhubaneswar.

Answers (1)

325 votes

Documents required for Court Marriage are

Age Proof : Matriculation Certificate / School Leaving Certificate / Birth Certificate

Identity Proof : Adhaar / Voter / PAN

Residence Proof : Residence Certificate

Three Passport Size Photographs

Court Marriage is actually solemnisation of Marriage under Section 5 of the Special Marriage Act. But it is commonly called as Court Marriage.

Parties intending to solemnise their marriage under the Special Marriage Act gives notice to the Marriage Officer in a prescribed form along with the documents.

The marriages officer publishes the notice inviting objection to the Marriage, if any. In the absence of any objection the marriage is solemnised after the objection period of 30 days.

Three Witnesses are required on the date of solemnisation of Marriage. The bride and groom also the 3 witnesses shall bring the original documents on the date of solemnisation of Marriage.

After solemnisation of Marriage, the Certificate of Marriage is issued in favour of the Bride and groom which validates and authenticates the marriage and this can be used as marriage proof.

The groom should be of 21 years age or more and the bride should be of 18 years or more.

For any further query

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."