Claim of my wife living separatly over my retirement benefits

Can my wife living sepratety claim my retirement benefit whereas I regularly pay maintenance as per Hindu law

Answers (1)

136 votes

Yes, certainly an able bodied person is under an obligation to maintain his wife if she is not divorced and unable to maintain herself under section 24 of HMA and section 125 of CR.P.C. till the time she is divorced.
Infact the wife can seek maintenance even after marriage under section 125 of CR.P.C if she is unable to maintain herself and doesn't remarry.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I m not a very independent strong woman. Knowing this, my inlaws r taking advantage and inflicting mental torture on me and my daughter by controlling…

Read More

I am forced separated from husband for 7 months now on basis of religion conversion to christianity after hindu marriage.No maintenance is paid from h…

Read More

Sir, meri salary 32000/ - main army me job karta hu. meri wife maintaince ke liye section 125 ki hai mujhe kitna amount meri wife ko dena padega pls…

Read More

My husband is not earning anything. Ours is joint family. I hav 5months child. If i file a maintainance case on him, will he become responsible and go…

Read More