cancelling FIR filed U/S 498a IPC

my cousins wife has filed FIR filed U/S 498a IPC in 2013 now few month ago in their DV case they got mediation and settle the matter with one time permanent settlement amount my brother has already paid half amount also now they have filed MCD and want to withdraw the FIR filed U/S 498a IPC 1. can it be done at trial court ? or we have to go to high court to cancel FIR, what are procedure ?

Hello,

Now that the MCD is in process, no need to quash the FIR in this regard. Once the Divorce is granted all allegations and contentions in this regard are rendered null and void. Just ensure that you request the court to direct the authorities to comply with the directions. The court can put a stay on the on going proceedings if any along with the current petition. Feel free to connect with me for assistance.