cancelling FIR filed U/S 498a IPC

my cousins wife has filed FIR filed U/S 498a IPC in 2013 now few month ago in their DV case they got mediation and settle the matter with one time permanent settlement amount my brother has already paid half amount also now they have filed MCD and want to withdraw the FIR filed U/S 498a IPC 1. can it be done at trial court ? or we have to go to high court to cancel FIR, what are procedure ?

Answers (1)

284 votes


Now that the MCD is in process, no need to quash the FIR in this regard. Once the Divorce is granted all allegations and contentions in this regard are rendered null and void. Just ensure that you request the court to direct the authorities to comply with the directions. The court can put a stay on the on going proceedings if any along with the current petition. Feel free to connect with me for assistance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."