Can second wife get rights if the first wife is not living with husban

In Family Law
Hello,\n\nMy father is a government employee and March 31st 2023 will be his retirement, now SR files are not moving due to marital issues. My father had 2 marriage and I am the daughter of his 2nd wife, however 1st wife is not legally divorced but she appealed to court for benefits in 1993 by mentioning \"her husband is not living with her since past 2 years and he s living with his 2nd wife\" so court gave judgment to give 1000 for her every month and she s getting it now aswell. Now 1st wife came up for my father retiral benefits claiming that nomination for SR should be in her name and not on 2nd wife (my mom). My father is completely Ill since he had a brain stroke from past 6 years. We are looking after him n being with him from past 32 years and his 1st wife is nly back of money. Please suggest me how can we proceed and prove my mom and dad\'s marriage is legal. Since 1st wife already appealed court for maintenance and getting 1000 per month by mentioning he s living with my mom, can

Answers (1)

110 votes

okay I understand your questions so your mother is second wife your father 1st wife is living with saparate from your father .your mother only look after your illness father s R book nominee who is name it is given tour father that is important so your father is living till jis take a retirement benifit he only take not first wife so do you need any legal help contact me thank

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."