quesCan nephew demand in share of the property

We belongs from a Hindu family and we are 2 sisters and one elder brother . I am the youngest sister. We both the sisters were unmarried. My elder brother expired long back in 80's and his wife expired in 2010. He had left behind 4 childrens. The whole property (house and land) is in the name of my elder sister. After my sister's death in 90's, being her own blood related sister I am supposed to get the property. Now, my nephews are also claiming the share of the property. Please suggest whether they have any right to claim the share of the said property.

  • ans If the property is registered in favour of your elder sister then she was the absolute owner thereof during her life time. Are your parents alive? In the event that your sister died without making a will, all her properties, movable and immovable, devolved equally on her legal heirs If either of your parents is alive then he/she alone succeeded to the property. If your elder brother pre-deceased your father then the property shall devolve, firstly, on your father's heirs i.e his widow. daughter and the 4 children of your deceased brother. So your nephews have a share in the property. 5. You can claim your share by filing a suit for partition in the court.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

my father in law illegally confiscated my jewellry from my wife.,know how can i find…
Hi, I have been married for 4 years now. There is a girl who is…
My maternal grandfather died in 2009 and have not left any will. my grandmother is…
hello sir, I am 21age boy, my birth parents are not in connection from since…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly