quesCan i take legal action against mother for threatening?

I am an adult male living with my family in a government provided quarter allotted to my mother. Until recently, my mother threatened me of eviction and verbally abused after a dispute over a small matter. I would to like to know whether it is an offense to threaten eviction of a family member or verbally abuse them and threaten to physically hurt them or not. Can I file an FIR or register a case diary against this, and if so, under what laws, provisions and/or articles? Can another family member's witness be taken into account for the purposes of examining? Also, is a written deposition of witness by neighbors acceptable?

  • ansNo one can stop you for making a complaint in police station. But being an adult you do not have maintenance and residence right.

    Legally speaking, you can live in the quarter only as long as your mother desires to allow you to live therein. It is true that you can register a FIR for abusing and threatening you, but it is equally true that if you register a police complaint against him then he may remove you from the quarter.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

How to prove father in law has outraged my modesty...have no proofs..bt yes he has…
What happens to husband when wife runs away from his home? What can husband do…

I am writing about the property which is on the name of my sister husband.He…

Can a wife get total amount of pf and gratuity after husbands death as mother…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly