Can a case be filed against a son for not taking care of his mother

What are criminal charges against son who dont care thier mother She's paralysis patient and her age is above 80+years what criminal law and codes to provide justice and how to file case against him

Answers (5)

290 votes

You can file civil case under senior citizenship act which protect the rights of the senior citizens and gives protection to them and compel the son or daughter to care for their parents and if you wanted remedy in criminal law then you can file harrassment case against the son.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

79 votes

currently indian penal code does not provide for a remedial measure incase of the child being negligent in taking care of his/her parents, but there are other provision of law which can make child responsible for upkeep of the parents by providing her maintenance under section 125 CrPC,, seeking protective relief under domestic violence act the mother can seek relief as well as Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
114 votes

Yes under section 125 Crpc the mother can file a suit before family court for claiming the maintenance from son and Maintenance and further mother can file a case under Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007 for maintenance and welfare of parents and senior citizens.

179 votes

Dear, today we can see these type of matter all around us which is not good for our society. But son is not care for his parents that is a crime socially but not legally...................................

171 votes

If a son is not looking after his mother then she can file suit for permanent injunction and and evict him from her hous
She can also file a case U/s 124 of criminal procedure code and get maintenance from him.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."