Can a 19 year old girl leave parents and move alone in India

I am a 19 years old girl from Delhi i havr many issues with my parents i want to move out n leave them one of my friend is helping me to get settled can I legally move out at the age of 19? What action can my parents take against me or my friend?

Answers (4)

226 votes

Yeah you can move anywhere in india as you have attained an age of majority as per law so you are not bound by your parents or by any other person or by one can stop you by moving freely and live happily as the way you like.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

251 votes

Being an adult you have right to take decisions on your own. Law gives right to girls above 18 to marry as per their own wish. Your parents can not take any action legally if you move out as per your free will.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
216 votes

As far as law is concern you are major and capable of taking. Your own decisions and can roam freely around, but being a practical man i would suggest not to opt any of such act that may trouble you and your friend in future. There is every possiblity that your parents will file a complaint against your friend for kidnapping. So don't do any such act.

68 votes

If your friend is also above 18 yrs than no problem both of you. if have faith than you can leave with him. your parents will approached concerned police station against your friend. in I.P.C. 363 etc.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."