quesBrother in law torturing us for property

My Brother-in-law working is a drink addict. My sister warned him many times but he doesn't listen. My father once told me to give him a house as a gift. We don't want to give him the property but he is torturing us now. Please suggest us what we have to do now.. please help me.

  • ansYour sister can file for divorce if her husband dosen't take care of her. Your sister can claim maintenance and other reliefs in the divorce petition. Don't make the mistake of gifting the property to her husband. He would sell the same to meet his needs.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir I am a housewife with 2 children's my hus band's salary is 1lakh plus…
Hello Sir/Ma'am, I am Hindu married man and my query is that how can I…
My wife has filed dowry case against me and my family.Then after counselling,I had taken…
Hi madam, In kerala we have our ancestral property which covers totally 35 cents. Its…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly