Adding mother's initial in children's name along with father's initial

I am a mother of two children. I decided to add my initial to my children name with my husband initial. I feel that its my right to add the initial to my children. I want to know that, any legal issues are there for that because I met my children school HM. I talk with her regarding this but she is telling that without proof or affidavit they will not take any action regarding this. Clearly she said she need affidavit then only she do that changes otherwise She may face issues or troubles then she said In future my children will face the problem. My question is that these problem will come in future. I need proper suggestion for this issue. Kindly reply me regarding this. Thank you

Answers (1)

80 votes

U have to do as per the change of name Act,
So you both the parents have to consent it, by an different Affidavit by change of name. There after as per the rules it has to be published in two daily news papers. I can do it for you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."