Adding mother's initial in children's name along with father's initial

I am a mother of two children. I decided to add my initial to my children name with my husband initial. I feel that its my right to add the initial to my children. I want to know that, any legal issues are there for that because I met my children school HM. I talk with her regarding this but she is telling that without proof or affidavit they will not take any action regarding this. Clearly she said she need affidavit then only she do that changes otherwise She may face issues or troubles then she said In future my children will face the problem. My question is that these problem will come in future. I need proper suggestion for this issue. Kindly reply me regarding this. Thank you

U have to do as per the change of name Act,
So you both the parents have to consent it, by an different Affidavit by change of name. There after as per the rules it has to be published in two daily news papers. I can do it for you.