Action against in laws for taking wedding ornaments without permission

My in laws had taken 3 gold bangles of mine to help my husband's sister who was in debt. I gave permission to Take only two bangles. My in laws took three without my knowledge and I came to know after a year. It's been 4 years and 2 months. They aren't returning my bangles. How do I file a complaint? I live in Bangalore and they live in Kerala. Please help. Thank you.

Are you living with your husband or separately? Would like to know more details. But with certain details, I can state that whatever gift such as gold, property either given by husband or your parents is stridhan in law. You have a absolute right on it.
If they have not been returning, you have legal right to claim it. You can file a police complaint under section 406 IPC for criminal breach of trust and they will be forced to give it as it is punishable under law. If police is uncooperative, you can file a complaint in court for directing the police to help you recover your gold.

I hope this clarifies