Employed Women Have Right To Get Alimony Or Maintenance Without Divor

In Domestic Violence Law
I am a salaried person, probably I got more salary than husband.but he forcing me to give my complete salary and denying to give money to my old parents.i refused it, since then he never came to take me and our girl baby after delivery and not even asking about her. Will me and my baby have the right to get maintenance from him? Also he forcing me to go to police for taking my dresses and jewels from his home and the money I transferred to his account,also he said me to take my complete belongings from his home as he want my present condition I took a loss of pay leave for one year,and there is no space in my parental home to kept all my belongings.i don't want to give him divorce,in laws also abuses me and my parents .I have audio recording of these things.should police can bring my things from him? Will he and his family get any punishment for this? Should I have force to give him divorce because of the compliant?does I have a right to reside in matrimonial home?

Answers (1)

92 votes
you file petition by invoking provisions under domestic violence act to get compensation, maintenance to your child and also for accomodation at the parental home of your husband. As you being a salaried employee, you can't claim any thing more by way of maintenance. In case if you could establish that your entire salary was given to your husband. then you are having every chance to get the amount back

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Domestic Violence Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Domestic Violence Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."