Divorce Desired Due To Prolonged Mental Torchure By WifeCruelity

In Domestic Violence Law
How can I get unilateral divorce since I am undergoing mental torchure from wife's end for last 13 years. We are just two individuals staying under a roof. She is disturbing day to day life by her emotional blackmails and acts.

Answers (2)

144 votes

Hi Sir,
Yes you can apply for unilateral divorce against your wife citing the incidents of cruelty- Mental/emotional etc being inflicted upon you over these years.
The court, if satisfied will grant you decree
Please call for further clarification on the issue
Adv Dr Preeti

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

77 votes

There is no method to take divorce unilaterally. There are two methods of divorce
1. When both parties are agree to take divorce then they can file a petition of mutual divorce
2. When individual file a petition of divorce, and other party did not appear than exparte order of divorce may be passed by the Court other wise it will take 2-3 years and more to complete the process

Popular Domestic Violence Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Domestic Violence Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."