registering property by giving SPA to father

Sir, I have an under construction property in gaziabad- Owner my wife and I am the co-owner, possession for which will be given in September. My parents live in Agra and I with my wife live and work in Hyderabad. I am not a resident of Hyderabad, and we live here in rented accomodation. However, I have Voter's ID and Adhar card showing my address in Hyderabad, my wife has Adhar card and a bank account in hyderabad - on hyderabad address. For some reasons I may not be able to travel to Gaziabad for registration formalities and I wish to give a SPA to my father who then shall be able to take care of all the formalities related to property registration in Gaziabad. My builder has asked my to get the SPA registered for my father to be able to carry out all these formalities. My query: Can I call my father to Hyderabad and have the SPA registered here itself (I understand that all the parties must be present for this purpose) Please let me know if any more information is required

Answers (1)

212 votes
SPA should be registered one for better performance. Since the property is situated in Gaziabad, you are advised toe execute the register the SPA in Gaziabad only not in Hyderabad.

However if you go for a notarized SPA then you can do so in Hyderabad only for which your father need not be present in Hyderabad.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles