Procedure to withdraw a case as out of court settlement done already

I filed a case against a person few years back. Then on mutual understanding we compromised in court Then i did not go on any of the court hearings and i dont want to fight the case As i already compromised What should i do because court dates keep coming

Answers (3)

54 votes

When you compromised the case on that day you should go to the court and the court directed you that you need to come next date or not. If the court directed you to come the court on next date means the case not disposed off, then you need to go to the court and in the court your statement will record and then your case disposed off as per compromised. If you not go to the court as per direction then the case run as usual and after completion of all the formalities the case disposed off. It took some time.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

180 votes

You have not mentioned which type of case it is nor the details of the case. If it is compoundable case, you can compromise therein. If it is not-compoundable case and does not involve any heinous offence, you can have the entire case quashed in the High Court.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
97 votes

If you are satisfied now and dont want to proceed the case as u said u have already settled the mattrr outside the court, then on the next date of ur suit file a withdrawal petition before the court mentioning about ur settlement outside the court, then court will alow ur petition and the suit will be withdrawn.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles