Procedure to modify pension document for correction of wife's name

I am an Ex service man. At the time of my marriage in church my wife's name was given as per baptism records, and the same was recorded in my Personal service records. After my retirement the family endorsement in the pension papers was made based on Service records. Now, as per SSLC book my wife's name is different on which she has PAN, AADHAR card and bank account. Now the issue is how to make name change in pension records so that my wife gets family pension after my time? Because bank account is as per PAN/ AADHAR name.

give a gazette notification for the change in the name by filing an affidavit signed by a notary that both names are the same narrating the details that your wife hitherto is having the name before baptism and after baptism and she will be called hereinafter in the name as per the records in the PAN and Aadhar.

It is better to modify your wife's name in your pension records based on her PAN and Aadhaar cards to avoid any unnecessary hassle tomorrow. If you submit supporting proof for the purpose, the pension paying authority will oblige.

Name change can be done legally through Government Gazette. You can give your wife's name as on her SSLC certificate, PAN, etc., to the Pension Authority together with an Affidavit (duly attested by Notary Public) that both are her names only. However, name on all the Govt documents prevails.