Procedure to modify pension document for correction of wife's name

I am an Ex service man. At the time of my marriage in church my wife's name was given as per baptism records, and the same was recorded in my Personal service records. After my retirement the family endorsement in the pension papers was made based on Service records. Now, as per SSLC book my wife's name is different on which she has PAN, AADHAR card and bank account. Now the issue is how to make name change in pension records so that my wife gets family pension after my time? Because bank account is as per PAN/ AADHAR name.

Answers (3)

give a gazette notification for the change in the name by filing an affidavit signed by a notary that both names are the same narrating the details that your wife hitherto is having the name before baptism and after baptism and she will be called hereinafter in the name as per the records in the PAN and Aadhar.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

It is better to modify your wife's name in your pension records based on her PAN and Aadhaar cards to avoid any unnecessary hassle tomorrow. If you submit supporting proof for the purpose, the pension paying authority will oblige.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
7 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

Name change can be done legally through Government Gazette. You can give your wife's name as on her SSLC certificate, PAN, etc., to the Pension Authority together with an Affidavit (duly attested by Notary Public) that both are her names only. However, name on all the Govt documents prevails.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Dear sir, My name in adhar and in my land document isdifferent. now i am planing to sale my land help me to clear this issue.…

Read More

My Son is on Class IX in a CBSE School. CBSE registrations are underway by the School. His TC from previous school carries my first name only. Sur nam…

Read More

  Is E-Adhaar card not a valid ID proof? I lost my wallet which had all my documents including my ATM card. I went to HDFC bank to get my replac…

Read More

My daughter is 9 years old... about to apply for aadhar card....I would like to know if her biological father's name should be mentioned or the co…

Read More