Legal query regarding documentation procedure of gift deed

Hi, My mother's younger brother has purchased agriculture land and he is willing to gift the same to me which is Karnataka. I would like to know the following points on that. 1. Can the property be transferred to my name as I am currently not from the agriculture family (previously had some Agriculture Land in the name of my father and later got transferred to my Mother then it was sold). 2. My Uncle purchased the land 1 year back and there was a dispute case registered by previous owner and now everything is settled just need to get the documents updated to his name. Once it is done how long should he wait to go for gift deed 3 months? 3. Should we pay just the transfer charges (5000)or need to pay the stamp duty along with registration ? 4. As said in the above point 1 we had agriculture land earlier Can I apply Agriculture family certificate based on the old property records ? 5. What are the documents needed at the time of gift deed.

Answers (1)

312 votes

What was the case and what is the settlement is not forthcoming Once the owners right is declared by the court he becomes absolute owner of the property which he can transfer thereafter
Unless you are an agriculturist you may not be able to get the agricultural land in your name
However you may try the method of your choice if works out in convincing the authorities it is OK

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles