Legal process for converting marriage certificate under SMA

Dear Sir/ Madame I am indian woman ( hindu by birth ) who married a German National ( Chrsitian by birth ). Now we got married at home with hindu rites and a hindu oriest because of personal reasons and we registered the marriage in Maharashtra . we thought they were registering under the SMA but they registered under section 6 (1) and rule 5 ( I really don't know what that means ). Is there anyway of converting this a marriage certificate under SMA now urgently ? as the German was not recognising a perfectly legal document stating it was not registered under the SMA and now says that they don't recognise that we are married?! this is kind of ridiculous and he is also mentioned as my spouse on my passport. Any help will be highly appreiated.

It appears your marriage is registered under Hindu marriage act , if you can email or forward the marriage certificate can get a proper understanding of what has happened ? You will have to reapply for marriage to be registered under sma.