×

Legal procedure to obtain a succession certificate

Dear Sir, My father and mother had died recently. My father had some savings in post office in the form of FD,RD etc., valued around Rs.6.5 Lakhs. There is no nominee for these savings. I have a younger sister who is married. I need to submit a Succession Certificate to claim the savings. Request you please let me know the procedure and cost involved for getting a Succession Certificate. Regards,

Sir,
Succession Certificate is issued by the court of law. A petition under Sec. 372 of the Indian Succession Act has to be filed. You and your sister will be petitioners and since there is no one to question the title of you both, there would be no Respondents.

Once the evidence is let in and arguments are heard court would issue Succession Certificate.

Shaniwar Peth, Pune