is student also a consumer ?

I haven't been given my mark sheet of BA final year. They r saying that your mark sheet got misplaced or have been given to anybody else by mistake. Can i file a case in consumer forum? As one of the officers at the university said that u r a student not a consumer.

You should issue a notice demanding your marks sheet enclosing the required documents such as payment receipts, hall/admission ticket, etc. If they fail to issue the mark sheet, then you can file a complaint before the consumer forum.

A Student is considered as consumer. Please retain the all original documents with you and provide only photocopies to the college.